Approaching the Thanksgiving holiday
Dear Friends of Sové Lavi,
As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, the staff and volunteers of Sové Lavi send thanks to our benefactors and supporters who have helped create every day miracles for the poor of Haiti. St. Teresa of Avila once said, “The Lord only asks two things of us: love for God and love for your neighbor.” Because of your generosity, tens of thousands of the poor of Haiti have received your love and have hope for a healthier and brighter future.
During this past year:
- 10,000 patients were treated at our medical clinic in Pont Sonde, Haiti.
- 500 additional patients received medical care by volunteers from the University of Texas Medical Center and NOAH (National Organization for the Advancement of Haitians).
- A Canadian Rotary Club has been working with us to drill 18 wells for Pont Sonde, which will provide easy access to clean water for the entire community of 25,000.
- Two water technicians were hired to distribute home water filtration units to the community and educate them on its use.
- Several elementary students were given scholarships, opening a door for a better future.
- Hundreds received a nutritious meal, a much-needed act of kindness for the poor during these times of skyrocketing food costs in the country.
We thank you for your support and pray that we have earned your continued support into 2009 to help us continue our mission of providing healthcare, clean water, and educational scholarships to the poorest of the poor in Haiti.
May you and your families be blessed with health, peace, and abundance this holiday season.
With warmest regards,
Kimberly and Dumas Siméus