Holiday Season 2007
Dear Friends of Haiti and Sové Lavi,
Dumas and I have been very blessed this year and have much to be thankful for this Holiday season. We are thankful for the support of our benefactors who enable us to continue our work in Haiti through Sové Lavi (Saving Lives) for our 9th consecutive year. We are thankful for our friends and family who have stuck with us through good times and challenging times. After a successful hip replacement surgery, and the ability to have mobility in my life again and life without pain, I am more thankful to God than ever for the gift that He has presented to Dumas and me to help the less fortunate in Haiti.
It is Dumas’ and my privilege to have founded Sové Lavi in 1999 to serve the poor in Haiti with health care, clean water systems, and educational scholarships. We are writing you this Holiday season to ask you to join us in your financial support of Sové Lavi’s work in Haiti.
We have committed to match all donations to Sové Lavi during the 2007 Holiday season. Join us today to save a life in Haiti. Your tax-deductible donation trickles directly to the poor…no donation is allocated toward any expense based in the United States.
Your donation to Sové Lavi will help the poor lift themselves from poverty:
- $100 will assist in supporting a home water filtration system and technical support for 5 families (or 50 people) for one year.
- $350 will support an educational scholarship, including tuition, books, uniform and meals for one student for one year.
- $1,000 will support the salary of a nurse at the medical clinic for one month, allowing her to treat upwards of 1,000 patients a month.
- $5,000 will drill a well, providing easy access to clean water for 2,000 residents.
- $10,000 will support all expenses for the medical clinic operation and staff of 13 for 2 months.
- $60,000 will support all expenses of the medical clinic that supports a community of 25,000 and provides treatment for 12,000 patients annually.
- $100,000 will support drilling 20 wells that will provide easy access to clean water for the community of 25,000 where the medical clinic is located (Pont Sondé).
You can see that all donations go a long way to positively impact the lives of poor families in Haiti.
So, join us today to help save lives in Haiti this Holiday Season. Please check the Donation page for more information.
On behalf of our 25,000 beneficiaries in Haiti, Organisation Sové Lavi’s staff, Board and Advisory Council thanks you for your ongoing support. Dumas and I wish you and your families a holiday season filled with peace, love and many beautiful memories.